Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Lists and society
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:40:59 -0800
To: Istvan Berkeley <istvan @ louisiana . edu>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 03:24 PM 2/9/01, Istvan Berkeley wrote:

>On another matter, someone asked about making majordomo carry
>attachments. I have the opposite problem: I want to stop majordomo
>carrying attachments! We had a few hits from the notorious W32/Hybris @
>worm. I'd like to stop such things coming in. As I only have e-mail
>access to my majordomo (although I have cordial relations with the folks
>who have direct access), my guess is that I'll need some help. Can
>anyone tell me (off list) what needs to be changed and where?

You can easily do this on a list-by-list basis vial the list config file. To get the config file via email for a majordomo list, send email to majordomo and say:

	config listname approvalpassword

My list has:

>	# taboo_body           [regexp_array] (undef) <resend>
>	# If any line of the body matches one of these regexps, then the
>	# message will be bounced for review.
>taboo_body          <<  END
>/NextPart/
>/unsubscribe list/
>END
>
>	# taboo_headers        [regexp_array] (undef) <resend>
>	# If any of the headers matches one of these regexps, then the
>	# message will be bounced for review.
>taboo_headers       <<  END
>/^Subject:.*listname-digest.*/i
>END

To submit a new config file, you send to majordomo your newconfig with the command:

	newconfig listname approvalpassword
followed by the entire new config file

HTH

jc