Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Quasi-meta-discussion
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:56:58 -0500 (EST)
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: List-Managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> The problem is these meta-fights can be very destructive,
> very quickly. Suddenly you come back from lunch to 40
> messages that boil down to "no, YOU shut up!" and half the
> list is ducking under their desks to avoid the crossfire.

That would be most annoying.  I would take a very dim view of
such a food-fight myself.  Knock on wood.  I haven't had one yet.

> God, I say "it's a judgement call" a lot, don't I? (grin)

So do I.  Running a list is full of judgement calls.  We've been
talking about human factor issues for a while now.  Each list and
each admin has different goals and different styles.  You gotta
use what works for you on your list.

- murr -