Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Lists and society
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:00:27 -0600 (CST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

>Maybe it sends a copy of itself to one person chosen randomly from
>your address book each time you send mail.  I don't know.  But it
>doesn't look like a ratware job.

It supposedly monitors Internet activity, including email, news and
web and mails to any email address it finds.  If this is true, it
would explain why I get so many.  I have a web page that gets
about 8000 vistors a day.

Looking at some virus alert sites, I just discovered some messages
I originally thought were spam appear to be a variant of the Hybris
worm.  Bleh.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Resource wanted