Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: how to make mail lists scale well
From: Margaret Levine Young <margy @ gurus . com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:44:28 -0500
To: List-Managers <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Mikael Hansen wrote:
I was wondering what Eudora specifically cannot do in this respect?

Handle threads. For example, I'm reading List-Manager with the individual messages pre-sorted into a Eudora mailbox. I decide that I don't want to read the rest of the "Just for grins" thread because I don't have time. There's no "kill this thread" command. Eudora could add a command that deletes all the unread messages in the current mailbox with the same subject line as the current message - I'd love it! Better yet, the command could delete future messages with the same subject line as they get filtered into this mailbox.

I'll bet there are a couple of other commands that would really improve the list-reading experience in Eudora (or any other e-mail client).

Margy Levine Young <margy @
gurus .
com>
Coauthor of "The Internet For Dummies" <http://net.gurus.com> and "Poor