Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: What to do about HTML-only email?
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:30:43 -0800
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Cc: Charlie Summers <charlie @ lofcom . com>, List-Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 2/13/01 1:41 PM, "J C Lawrence" <claw @
 kanga .
 nu> wrote:

> Aieeee!  That is a problem.  Given the privacy model I guarantee my
> subscribers there's no way I can ever accept HTML mail

Welcome to the world of the 500 pound gorilla.

> I note however that
>
> http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/#aol6html
>
> Seems to suggest that they use a multipart/alternative.

As far as I know, they have to set up to send that way for EVERY email. You
can't just set defaults that'll work. And you have the fun of convincing
them to bother.

[<chuqui @
 plaidworks .
 com> = <me @
 chuqui .
 com> = <chuq @
 apple .
 com>]

I wish I could say your enthusiasm was contagious...