Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2003)

Subject: Re: Looking for explanatory for Precedence line
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:56:30 -0800
To: Omar Thameen <omar @ westside . urbanblight . com>
Cc: "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw @ python . org>, Andrew Billinghurst <billinghurst @ tpg . com . au>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:34  PM, Omar Thameen wrote:

Out of curiosity, which ISPs are blocking based on this header?

I use precedence headers extensively in the email I manage. Basically, nobody blocks on this header these days. There might be a few personal domains that do something this stupid, but then, I know some personal domains that block stuff Bcc;ed to them, too.

it's frankly not a significant problem. the precedence header is in pretty much endemic use.

chuq

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.