Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2003)

Subject: Re: Check out AOL Users Missing Email??
From: Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:20:49 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 01:44 PM 1/27/2003, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:

> >My experience with AOL and mailblocking has been positive; whenever
> >there was an issue with our mail being delivered to AOL users
> >resolving it was fairly easy. I imagine that one could get caught in
> >the middle if your list mail is being silently eaten but the
> >mailserver it is sent from isn't under your control. In that
> >situation, time to get whoever's in charge of that server to call
> >AOL's NIC contact phone number.
>
>     Did you sign that document (the one to which I referred in my
>     previous
> e-mail on this subject)?

We have a whitelisting agreement with AOL for all of our users
(licensees), and we found them to be very easy to work with and we
did not have to sign our life away.  Of course, we are able to prove
that all lists coming through our users are confirmed opt-in, so if
they block them they will be positively blocking email which their
users have definitely requested.  They seem to understand that. :-)

Anne

Amazing! I have forwarded these comments to the guy who runs mailinglists.org.

...Bob